Hadlow Riding Club welcomes new members with or without their own horses throughout the year. We hold a variety of events including lectures, social outings, training clinics, and low-key competitions, with the emphasis on a friendly, welcoming atmosphere, high quality instruction at affordable prices, and events that will provide something for everyone.
Please support our Club by joining and you can enjoy the benefits of reduced entry fees and priority booking for restricted events
The annual membership fee is £20 and is payable from the 1st of January each year.
A reduced fee of £12.50 is available after 1st of July at the discretion of the committee.
We look forward to welcoming you to the club and future events.
Bank transfer details are available on the membership form found below in order to make membership payment quick and easy! Joining is easy, download the form, fill in your details and email/post the form to us. Simple!
By joining the Club you agree to us holding your personal details for use in connection with Hadlow Riding Club only.
Hadlow Riding Club Constitution and Rules
The Club shall be known as the Hadlow Riding Club.
The objects of the Club shall be:
1. To encourage riding as a sport and recreation, for promote good fellowship amongst riders and to improve and maintain the standard of riding, understanding of horses and good horsemanship.
2. To organise social, instructional and competitive events or other activities to further these objects.
1. Membership will be open to anyone over the age of 16.
3. The annual subscription shall be payable at the start of the Club’s financial year which shall run from 1st January each year.
4. Any member joining the club on or after 1st October shall be deemed to have paid their subscription for the ensuing year.
5. Any member whose subscription is more than three months in arrears shall have his/her name removed from the membership list. Any member not wishing to renew their subscription must return all discount and other privilege cards.
1. Officers of the Club shall be a Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer, with other officers as needed.
2. Officers will stand for one year to be elected at the Annual General Meeting.
3. The Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer shall be elected annually.
4. The Committee have the power to fill any vacancy arising amongst members of the Committee.
5. The Club’s year shall run from 1st January each year and the AGM will be held within the first two months of the year.
6. The Treasurer will be responsible for keeping the Club funds, and for producing an account at the end of the year for approval by all members of the Committee. All funds are to be paid into the Club’s bank account and cheques drawn on the account must be signed by any two of the Chairman, Secretary or Treasurer
7. Any matters not provided for by the above shall be decided by the Committee and reported to members as appropriate.
8. A quorum is formed by half the Committee numbers plus one.
9. In the event of dissolution of the Club, the assets of the Club shall be sold at full market rate and all monies donated to charity.
1. All members and non-members must wear protective headgear when mounted at Club events. Hats must comply with current BETA approved standards. Body protectors must be worn when specified at any event.
2. Horses must be fit and sound to attend any club events. The club reserves the right to request the removal from an event of any person mistreating or abusing a horse or acting in a manner that would bring discredit to the Club.
3. Members should be correctly turned out at all club events.
4. Members are expected to clear up after themselves, and their horses, when attending any club event.